Official Rules for the Wolfram|Alpha® Alpha Albums Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. This Wolfram|Alpha Alpha Albums Contest (“Contest”) is open to all Participants with a valid Twitter account, as well as those who are present at the Wolfram|Alpha Promotional Booth at the Pygmalion Music Festival, September 27–28. Twitter entrants will have a chance to win three free months of Wolfram|Alpha Pro. Pygmalion Music Festival entrants will have the chance to win posters of the word clouds, with a grand prize winner able to have his or her poster autographed by one of the headliners.
2. ENTRY: On September 3, 2014, Wolfram Alpha LLC (“W|A”) will launch the Contest. In the Contest, W|A will post a tweet on the @Wolfram_Alpha Twitter account with a word cloud created from the lyrics of a given album. To enter, Participants must reply to the tweet (via an @-reply on Twitter) correctly identifying the name of the album within one hour. W|A will announce the winner via Twitter within 24 hours of the posting of the initial tweet. Subsequent word cloud tweets will be sent out on September 10, 17, and 24. The second phase of the Contest will occur live at the Wolfram booth at the Pygmalion Music Festival on September 27 and 28, where in-person attendees can attempt to guess the word cloud.
3. TWEET APPROVAL CRITERIA: Any tweet that is submitted with vulgar, profane, or otherwise inappropriate text or imagery (at the sole discretion of W|A) may be excluded from the Contest.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Following the one hour after the initial tweet, the winning Participant will be chosen randomly from the list of correct entries.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be announced on the Wolfram|Alpha Twitter account and contacted directly via @-reply and (when possible) Twitter direct message. If necessary, W|A may use other means of communication (e.g. email) to attempt to contact the Winner. At W|A’s sole discretion, a replacement Winner may be selected if: (i) any prize notification is not responded to within two days, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason.
6. PRIZES: Winners will receive the prizes indicated above, and additional entries may be selected for runners-up packages to be determined at the discretion of W|A. In the event that the prize is a type of which a Winner cannot use because of licensing or other technical issues, the Winner shall have two options: (i) assign, but not sell, the prize to a colleague or associate; or (ii) accept a replacement prize of equal or lesser value as offered by W|A. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes incurred by the acceptance of any prize.
7. PUBLICITY: By entering this Contest, Participants grant W|A and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities of residence, and biographical information, without compensation, notification, or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Further, Participants grant W|A and its designees unlimited, sub-licensable, exclusive, perpetual, and worldwide right to use any submission materials, including images or other photographic representation of themselves for the purpose of running the Contest, or any advertising and publicity thereof in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
8. ISSUES OF LAW: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA LAW SHALL APPLY. SPECIFICALLY, THE ILLINOIS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.