Wolfram|Alpha “Holiday Tweet-a-Day” Contest
We’re really catching the holiday spirit here at Wolfram|Alpha.
We recently announced our special holiday sale for the Wolfram|Alpha app. Now we are launching our first-ever Wolfram|Alpha “Holiday Tweet-a-Day” contest.
Here’s how it works.
From tomorrow, Tuesday, December 22, through Saturday, January 2, we’ll use Twitter to give away a gift a day. Be the first to retweet our “Holiday Tweet-a-Day” tweet and you get the prize! You can double your chances to win by following and playing along with Wolfram Research.
Start following us today so you don’t miss your chance to win with our Wolfram|Alpha “Holiday Tweet-a-Day” contest.
I don’t use twitter but w/e
Same haha… What about us facebook users…
I like gift… Ok I’ll follow Wolfram. Thank’s for info sharing 😉
NO TWITTER… no one needs to know that much about anybody after the age of 13!
Given the current doubts expressed re the temperature data relied on by the IPCC for their climate change predictions – compounded by the hacked CRU emails suggesting that some deliberate fudging and ‘selective peer reviewing’ might have been going on to produce the ‘correct’ results – would it be appropriate for Wolfram|Alpha to provide an independently verified set of data on this very crucial topic.
This should be done without finger-pointing in either direction; but should allow such questions as the following to be resolved independently of the views of either ‘warmists’ or ‘sceptics’:
1. Did or did not the mediaeval warming period really happen, and also the ‘little ice age’ in the 16th and 17th centuries? (And also the predicted ice age in the early 1970s!)
2. Does the record show naturally occurring cycles and does the current variation fall within such cycles? Or are we perhaps entering one of those periods of violent cycling in a chaotic system that presages a change of state – we are, after all, overdue for the next ice age?
2. Is it true or not that the climate has been cooling since 2000?
3. Does the ice core record show that CO2 variation has in the past lagged (by about 800 years?), not led, changes in temperature, and if so what proportion if the current rise is due to natural causes and which to human activity?
4. To what extent are the various measures put foward by the IPCC and governments likely to affect the Earth’s climate (beneficially or otherwise?). For example, will carbon trading benefit anyone but the moneymakers?
There will be many other questions suggested, I’m sure.
For the benefit of the confirmed sceptics or warmists: I am neither. I merely want to know the truth as far as it is available, for without that truth any measures proposed are built on sand. But I am aware that there are powerful vested interests on both sides; and in the war going on beteween these sides, Truth, as always, is the first casualty. Might it be that Wolfram|Alpha could apply some first aid?
noooo! missed the retweet by a second:'( .. ie let me down. hung up on frenzied reloading:(:(
I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps
everybody else experiencing issues with your website.
It appears as though some of the text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody
else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as
well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen previously.