Now Live: Stephen Wolfram’s Q&A Webcast

September 17, 2009
shadow
The Wolfram|Alpha Team
Posted by

Thank you for participating. A recording of today’s webcast will be available soon on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog.

24 Comments

Hey! We’re up and running. Feel free to post any questions here.

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 2:03 pm Reply

Stephen I have been a supporter since you went live with Wolfram|Alpha on JTV.

I remember seeing a wall monitor “Wolffram Alpha Compute Cluster” which showed various processing usage of the system, which I found informative.

Is this visual available for us to see online?

Thanks and I use and tell my friends about Wolfram|Alpha all the time!

Mark in Minnesota

Posted by Mark September 17, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reply

We’ll be right back…small technical difficulty…

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 2:11 pm Reply

Stephen I have been a supporter since you went live with Wolfram|Alpha on JTV.

I remember seeing a wall monitor “Wolffram Alpha Compute Cluster” which should various processing usage of the system, which I found informative.

Is this visual available for us to see online?

Thanks and I use and tell my friends about Wolfram|Alpha all the time!

Mark in Minnesota

Posted by Mark September 17, 2009 at 2:19 pm Reply

Who are you? I really don’t know!

Posted by Mateus September 17, 2009 at 2:19 pm Reply

Is Wolfram|Alpha going to compile c++/Java/anything like this?

Posted by blub September 17, 2009 at 2:25 pm Reply

We’ve been sending these questions into the mix. Keep them coming!

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 2:38 pm Reply

I love the idea of WA, but everytime I try to ask a question it almost always says “I don’t understand”. How do you plan on making that workable?

Randy

Posted by Randy September 17, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reply

Stephen,
I was wondering if there will be more language manipulation capabilities added to Wolfram Alpha. Translating between languages is the obvious example, but what I would really like to see implemented is a verb conjugation system. Something like this would be extremely helpful when learning foreign languages. Are there any plans to expand in this area?

Posted by Steve Farbota September 17, 2009 at 2:47 pm Reply

Keep the questions coming. We’re going to stay live.

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm Reply

Some technical difficulties.. we will be coming back shortly.

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 3:12 pm Reply

Thank you! It has been wonderful, wether you get it back up again or not, it has been great so far.

Posted by Kevin J Bowman September 17, 2009 at 3:18 pm Reply

Thanks everyone! Stay tuned…

Posted by PR Team September 17, 2009 at 3:29 pm Reply

That was great. I think it will be worth another listen. I hope you do this more.

Posted by Kyle Huntley September 17, 2009 at 3:31 pm Reply

Thank you, Sir! I am looking forward to the next great cast; I learned a lot today!

Posted by Matt Klein September 17, 2009 at 3:35 pm Reply

Congratulations on the great progress so far. I know it is not enough to have ideas. Communicating a new idea is very difficult. In your shoes many would be sitting alone complaining that noone will listen to them.

Posted by Brian.gilbert September 17, 2009 at 5:28 pm Reply

Will WA be a candidate in future for the Turing test. (a human (H.s.s.) can not tell the difference in text answers between a computer of a human being)?

Posted by Roddy Young September 18, 2009 at 5:38 pm Reply

To Mr. S. Wolfram
It has been many years ago I watched you on screen at a videoconference at Eindhoven ( the Netherlands).
First of all I have to apologize, because what stroke me most of all was not the Mathematics, but the videoconference itself. I shared the concept of mathematical proof enthousiastically as it was lectured by various speakers.
The experience of Wolram-Alpha is the supreme answer to the expectations I hadof mathematics when I wasabout 16 years old.
Maybe you are able to calculate the probability we shall ever meet in the universe to tell you: “I had a dream.”
Sincerely yours,
Eric Tieskens

Posted by Eric Tieskens September 21, 2009 at 2:42 am Reply

To Mr. S. Wolfram,
It is possible that there is something behind your concept of mathematical proof of scientific interest. Herewith I ask you to gather and protect as manydata as you are able to for scientific investigation.
You are welcome to discuss the matter in detail,
Sincerely yours,
Eric Tieskens

Posted by Eric Tieskens September 21, 2009 at 3:26 am Reply

To Mr. S. Wolfram
What beyond WolframAlpha?
As for me it is obvious we share some intertst.
I would be very glad to meet you,
Sincerely yrs,
Eric Tieskens

Posted by Eric Tieskens September 21, 2009 at 3:55 am Reply

To Mr. Stephen Wolfram,
You have a magnificent team!

Posted by Eric Tieskens September 21, 2009 at 3:58 am Reply

I couldnt find it first then I searched, but it is not easy, thanks alot. Listening to you is the best choice in the net.

Posted by islami sohbet September 21, 2009 at 4:30 am Reply

The last comment above suggests that the recording is available to watch again, I thought it was supposed to be on this blog. Is it avaialable yet?

Posted by briangilbert September 21, 2009 at 8:54 am Reply