NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Wolfram|Alpha Teacher Story Contest (“Contest”) is open to educators at any accredited educational institution, tutors, or homeschool parents who utilize Wolfram|Alpha in their teaching curriculum (“Participants”). By submitting an Entry (as defined below), Participants aged 18 and up are eligible to win various prizes, including an iPad and a one-year subscription to Wolfram|Alpha Pro. By entering this Contest, participants understand and agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. ENTRY: On September 5, 2012, Wolfram Alpha LLC (“W|A”) will launch the Contest. Participants may submit entries until 5pm US central time, October 15, 2012 (“Entry Deadline”). To enter, Participants must email email@example.com stating how the use of W|A has positively affected their teaching or their students’ learning. All entries must be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org; must answer the questions listed in the blog post; must contain a photograph of the Participant; must include the Participant’s first and last name, school district, grade level, subject taught, and a valid email address; and must be received by W|A prior to the Entry Deadline. W|A will announce the winner by November 30, 2012, on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog.
3. COMMENT APPROVAL CRITERIA: W|A encourages creative and interesting comments on how W|A is being used in the classroom for the purpose of entry submission. However, any Comment that is submitted with vulgar, profane, or otherwise inappropriate text or imagery (at the sole discretion of W|A) will not be eligible for the Contest.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Following the Entry Deadline, the winning Participant will be chosen based on the subjective creative evaluation of the W|A Team as to which entry best exemplifies the utilization of W|A in the classroom.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be announced on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog, and will be also be contacted via email. At W|A’s sole discretion, a replacement Winner may be selected if: (i) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason.
6. PRIZES: Winners will receive the prizes indicated above, and additional entries may be selected for “runners-up” packages to be determined at the end of the contest, including free subscriptions, t-shirts, mugs, and other W|A merchandise. In the event that the prize is a type of which a Winner cannot use because of licensing or other technical issues, the Winner shall have two options: (i) assign, but not sell, the prize to a colleague or associate, or (ii) accept a replacement prize of equal or lesser value as offered by W|A. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes incurred by the acceptance of any prize.
7. PUBLICITY: By entering this Contest, Participants grant W|A and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities of residence, and biographical information, without compensation, notification, or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Further, Participants grant W|A and its designees unlimited, sub-licensable, exclusive, perpetual, and worldwide right to use any submission materials including images or other photographic representation of themselves for the purpose of running the Contest, or any advertising and publicity thereof in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
8. WINNERS’ NAMES: Once the Winner has been determined, the winning name(s) will be posted on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog.
9. ISSUES OF LAW: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA LAW SHALL APPLY. SPECIFICALLY, THE ILLINOIS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.